Our most recent paper has just been published in Science of The Total Environment. Key highlights include:
- Glacier cover not determiner of temperature in rivers draining glaciated basins.
- Stream surface area best determines water temperature in Swiss glacier-fed rivers.
- Glacier-fed rivers have a unique seasonal temperature regime.
- Glacier cover is a surrogate for stream surface area in glacier-fed river systems.
- Despite increasing flow, some glacier-fed rivers will warm due to climate change.